AC PC Minutes 2019 02 27
MINUTES OF A PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Held at All Cannings Village Hall, All Cannings on Wednesday 27th February 2019
Present: Cllr A Gray (Chair), Cllr P Whitehead, Cllr S Butcher, Cllr K Gay, Cllr R Daw, Clerk SJ Bullock.
Meeting was opened by Cllr Gray at 7.30pm
1. Public were welcomed.
2. Declaration of Interests: None
3. Apologies – Cllr Trudy Hollister, Cllr Andy Mc Donald, Cllr Doug Tilley, RFO Kate Asbury.
4. Minutes from the previous meeting, and matters arising from the minutes: The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of 30th January 2019 were approved and signed with no amendments.
a) Village Community Store - Cllr A McDonald – nothing to report
b) PCC: Churchyard – Cllr D Tilley – nothing to report
c) Cemetery -Cllr Butcher – Yew Trees need trimming – Action: Cllr A Gray to check if this is part of cemetery maintenance contract. Cemetery records storage - Action: SJ Bullock. Cemetery map needs to be updated – Action: Cllr A Gray. Instructions on process for burials Action: Cllr K Butcher.
d) Village green – Cllr K Gay – all OK after detailed inspection, some paint required on keep fit equipment and goal posts in the summer. Labels to be attached. No parking sign awaiting replacement log.
e) Village Hall – Cllr S Butcher – A parishioner said that the grant application was successful and the village hall floor refurbished, the fence around the car park has been replaced. Live Action – community events mostly organised by another parishioner to raise money for the church roof replacement. One event will be a barn dance likely to be on 25th May. Quotes being acquired for a projector, screen and sound system for the Village Hall, expected to between: £3,500-£4,500. Updated BT hub 6 installed by preschool, costs to be shared. The parishioner was thanked by the chair for the update.
f) Preschool – Cllr R Daw – Jumble sale on Saturday 2nd March, Easter Egg hunt at the Kings Arms 6th April.
g) Glebe field and allotments – Cllr A McDonald – A parishioner said that the bank behind the allotments has been planted with donated plants. Trees have been cut down in the Glebe field and a pile of wood left. To be followed up at next meeting. Another parishioner said all allotments in use bar two. One allotment beyond salvage may be used for composting and storage. Cllr A Gray thanked the parishioner for the update.
h) School – Cllr S Butcher – Informed the school of the Momo threat. A frightening cartoon character which has been appearing on You Tube and in children’s games, Minecraft, Pepper Pig, etc, encouraging self-harm and threatening to kill people.
Cllr S Butcher has provisionally booked the school for 24th April for the Annual Parish Meeting. Still requires arrangements to made for someone to open up and to close up and reset the alarms after the meeting. Action: SJ Bullock
i) Footpaths – Cllr K Gay – Cllr K Gay has sprayed the emerging roots on the path near the Community Orchard with Roundup. Parish Stewards were asked to do this and clean off the moss on the path at the top of Green House Lane, they have not yet done so.
j) Allington – Cllr T Hollister – nothing to report.
k) Parish Stewards – Cllr A Gray actioned the new requests (from last meeting) and received confirmation from the lady in charge of Parish Stewards. Cllr S Butcher noted that the information board at the canal requires cleaning. Action: Cllr S Butcher said she would clean it.
6. Planning Applications:
19/01226/TCA – Wycombe House – Tree work – No objection
19/01280/FUL – Sunshine Cottage – Single storey extension – No objection
7. Code of Conduct review (Annual item) – Deferred
8. Best Kept Village – Application forms have arrived. Action: SJ Bullock & K Asbury.
9. Community Assets – Church, Village Hall, Pub, Shop – Cllr A Gray gave an explanation of the community asset register; the Community asset register protects assets used by villagers and safeguards their future use by the village by delaying the sales of assets and ensuring that the community has the right to bid and to raise funds to buy the assets and keep them for village use. Cllr P Whitehead, also explained that registering a community asset ensures that when the assets are offered for sale it must be at the value determined by the assets current use rather than the value of their potential use. I.e. a pub must be offered for sale as a pub at its current value, rather as a four-bedroom house with land which would greatly increase the sale Annual meeting. After lengthy discussion it was agreed to open up and publicize the discussions to a wider audience at the Parish Annual Meeting prior to the April parish council meeting and Action: for Cllr Gray to approach asset owners before discussing any further. Deferred until April
10. Correspondence and administration
a) Glebe Bank - already discussed.
b) Glebe field tree cutting - Deferred.
c) Car Parking outside the school – following complaints by residents, the police have been monitoring the situation.
d) Film footage from 100th Celebration-copyright agreement reached, should soon be on You Tube.
11. Finance, payments have been made to iDverde £382.72 Village Hall £10.00 Clerks expenses £25.00 - Agreed and signed by Cllr A Gray and Cllr S Butcher.
Balance of the account £13,458.12, interest 20pence.
12. AOB – Annual meeting to be held on 24th April 2019, 7.00pm at the school.
Meeting closed at 8.58pm
Signed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. Date . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..
Next meeting to be held on 27th March 2019.